Supporting our community during the outbreak of COVID-19monroesburgs
At Monroes Burgers and Beers we have implemented global best practices, in addition to our already extensive food safety plan to ensure the well-being of our customers, team members, and the wider community. All government regulations and recommendations are being followed as they come through for COVID-19.
It’s important to note that health authorities have confirmed there is no evidence to suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted via food. Customers can feel confident to continue ordering from us knowing we are taking food safety and health very seriously and will continue to update how we will manage service as the situation evolves.
In response the recommendations of the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation to follow “social distancing” protocols we are increasing delivery capacity to keep up with demand and are providing the option for contactless delivery for online orders.
How to request contactless delivery
In order to assist our customers exercising social distancing, or in self isolation, you can now request contactless deliveries for all delivery orders.
– Process your order at MonroesBurgers.com as normal
– At checkout please select contactless delivery from the drop down menu
– You can enter any further instructions in the “Delivery Instructions” field
Our drivers, who have all been through the same extensive food safety and hygiene training as our kitchen team will call you whilst they are en-route to deliver your food.
Other Things We Are Doing
• We have worked with our wholesale suppliers to secure a small surplus of essential items, eg Toilet Paper. These items will me made available to those in need at no extra charge. If you are running low on toilet paper please enter “emergency roll” in the delivery instructions and we will drop one off with your order
• We are deploying resources so that if recommended by medical experts we can move to a delivery only model if required
• We will be extending the hours that delivery is available in order to meet demand and ensure the quality of your food stays at the highest standard – our social media channels are the best place to stay updated on these changes.
• As the situation evolves, if required will move to a rotating menu, made up of a selection of our standard menu and some of our most popular specials, both keeping things fresh and interesting, but allowing us to maintain quality and capacity without needing to increase the number of team members in close proximity to each other in our kitchen.
• You may notice changes in the dining room, we are temporarily moving to biodegradable single use items where possible, and any reused items (e.g. table water bottles, ketchup bottles, etc) are thoroughly washed and sanitised/disinfected between every use.
Helping Small Business
Our stores are located in two of Melbourne’s premier tourist destinations our local communities have already been hit hard by a drop in tourism due to bushfires. Now these businesses face huge challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We implore all our customers to continue to support all small businesses. Many of our suppliers are also small businesses, we’ve committed to paying all our suppliers immediately upon each delivery of stock to assist with their cashflow.
We encourage all our customers to assist their favourite small businesses in any way they can.
Some ways you can help:
– If you are in a position to, continue to order take out or delivery from local restaurants, if you are healthy and not in a high risk category, at this time we are also open for dine in, with slightly reduced seating capacity to allow for a greater distance between diners. We are committed to being there to service the community through this crisis in every form we can.
– Where possible please order direct with from your favourite restaurants instead of third party delivery aps this will avoid the restaurant being charged a 30% commission on your order.
– Some businesses may offer gift vouchers, you could purchase these now to help businesses get through the upcoming challenges and redeem them once the situation returns to normal, or you could purchase vouchers for your friends and family so they can also support small business.
In response to customer requests, we are now offering gift vouchers for purchase at MonroesBurgers.com they will be available for use during the current situation, or after things get back to normal.
We’ll continue to keep you updated and act on the best advice from the experts.
Stay calm, safe and look after each other.
The Monroes Team